- 10 Energy and Money-saving Tips
- Click here for a printable version
- Turn lights off when they're not needed.
- Lower your thermostat 10 to 15 degrees when you're not home.
- Clean or replace your furnace filters monthly.
- Open window coverings during the day to let warm sunshine in; close them at night to keep the heat in and the cold out.
- Opt for the cold water cycle when washing clothes.
- Turn off your computer when not in use.
- Plug home appliances into powerstrips, and turn them off when the equipment isn't in use.
- Turn down your water heater to the warm setting (120 degrees).
- Apply caulk or weather stripping around leaky doors and windows.
- Only wash full loads of dishes and clothes; consider air drying for each.